- Indoor wormery / vermicomposter
- Indoor bokashi composter
- Outdoor wormery / vermicomposter
- Outdoor tumble composter
- Outdoor open-slatted composter
- Outdoor biodigester
- Outdoor closed-bin composter
- Outdoor hot-bin composter
- Outdoor multi-stage composter
- Outdoor open-mesh composter
- Outdoor trench composter
- 21 months
- East England
- North East
No results found.
If you compost and want to take part in a home composting experiment, you’ll need:
- a selection of identical compostable or biodegradable items (see list below)
- a net bag and clip to securely close it (see guidance below)
- a plastic milk bottle cap (or similar) and permanent marker pen to identify your items
1. Choose your experiment items
- 'compostable' (only)
- 'home biodegradable'
- 'home compostable'
- 'suitable for home composting'
- TUV OK Compost 'HOME' certification mark
- Din Certco 'HOME COMPOSTABLE' certification mark
2. Prepare your experiment equipment
3. Create a login account
4. Start your experiment
5. Submit your results
How to take a photograph of your experiment equipment
Pre- and post-composted items and equipment
- Take a photograph (while keeping your hand steady!)
- Upload photographs via your login account, with the option to display them on our Gallery page.